How to Solve Big Problems and Sell the Solutions
October 18, 2020
It’s the most important skillset you probably never learned: solving problems and selling the solutions.
Of all the skills needed to succeed in work and life, research consistently shows that complex problem solving is at or near the top. But for most of us, solving difficult problems and selling the solutions doesn’t come naturally and we haven’t been taught how to do it well. And when we try, studies show a host of pitfalls trip us up.
How can you do it better?
In this engaging and interactive webinar, world-renowned strategy professor, consultant and speaker Corey Phelps shows you how to become a better problem solver and solution seller using a rigorous, practical, and proven four-step approach. Based on his widely-acclaimed book – Cracked It! How to Solve Big Problems and Sell Solutions Like Top Strategy Consultants (co-authored with Bernard Garrette and Olivier Sibony) – Corey guides you through each step in the 4S method: from how to state, structure and solve problems to how to sell the solutions.
- The cognitive biases and pitfalls of problem solving and solution selling
- How to define problems using the TOSCA framework
- How to structure a problem using issues trees and analytic frameworks
- How to solve problems deductively using an analytic approach
- How to use the pyramid principle to develop a persuasive presentation to sell the solution