Dan is the former Vice-President of the Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, Florida.
He attended Boston University, graduating in 1991, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science.
Upon graduation from Boston University in 1991, Dan moved to Florida and worked as a parking attendant at Disney’s Epcot Center. Subsequently, he joined the Disneyland Paris Management Trainee Program as part of the opening team and moved to France in 1992.
While working in Paris, Dan held various management positions in Parking, Ticketing, Guest Relations, Food & Beverages and Human Resources.
After spending 5 years in France, Dan relocated to Florida and held a variety of executive roles at the Walt Disney World Resort, both in the theme parks and resort hotels. His last 9 years with the company, he was successively Vice President of Epcot, Vice president of Disney’s Hollywood Studios and eventually Vice President of the Magic Kingdom where he led 12,000 cast members and entertained over 20 million guests annually.
He earned his MBA in 2001 at the Crummer School of Business at Rollins College.
In addition to his operational responsibilities, Dan was a keynote speaker for the world-renowned Disney Institute for 18 years. He has addressed open-enrollment participants from all over the world as well as attendees in custom programs including the USAA Bank, General Motors, the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Army, the Southern Methodist University Business School, Porsche A.G., and United Airlines.
He served on the board of Junior Achievement of Central Florida from 2004 to 2018, and was Chairman in 2010.
After a fulfilling and exciting 26-year career with the Walt Disney Company, Dan and his wife Valerie made the decision to set out on a new venture and start their own consulting and speaking business.
Dan provides customized, authentic presentations, insightful workshops and one on one coaching, focusing on leadership and management practices drawing upon his extensive Disney career with relevant examples and inspiring storytelling.
The Method to the Magic
Delivering World Class Products and Services
December 15, 2020
Companies that provide world class customer experiences consistently do not leave anything to chance. They create the right culture, support their employees, understand their customer’s needs, and deliver consistent business results.
- Learn about leadership’s responsibility to create a culture that provides the best chance for employees to succeed
- Understand the components that make up employee satisfaction
- Develop an empathetic approach to putting yourself in your customer’s shoes, in order to meet and exceed their expectations
- Deliver sustainable, repeatable business results through excellent service delivery that will result in intent to return, and intent to recommend.
- Be introduced to the concept of how to identify values, a common purpose, and quality standards to bring clarity to the culture you would like to create.